meat-free, dairy-free, egg-free
- 4 Orange Peppers
- 16 oz. Whole Wheat/Gluten-free Spaghetti
- 1 24 oz. jar Prego Light Smart Traditional Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 15 oz. can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Zucchini (shredded)
- 2 Veggie Burgers (chopped/optional)
- 2 tbsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Bring a large stock pot of water to boil, season with Sea Salt
- Meanwhile, cut the tops of the Peppers off, like you would a pumpkin & de-seed
- Cut jack-o-lantern faces into each Pepper
- Add Peppers to boiling water & cook for 5 minutes, remove Peppers
- Add Spaghetti & cook according to the box (al dente)
- Meanwhile in a medium stock pot, warm together Spaghetti Sauce, Tomato Sauce, Zucchini, Veggie Burgers & remaining Spices
- Combine Spaghetti with Sauce, stuff each Pepper with Spaghetti, allowing to ooze from the top of the "head"
- Happy Halloween!!!
Hoff Thoughts: Not into processed Veggie Burgers? I don't blame you, substitute a can of Black Beans instead.